Before Sedation with IV
- You might have to avoid eating or drinking anything, even water, for eight hours before the surgery.
- If you are a smoker, you must not smoke 12 hours before the surgery. In fact, if you can cut down even before that, it will be better.
- The patient must be accompanied by a responsible adult to the clinic who will be staying during the procedure and drive the patient home after it. It is better if the patient doesn’t drive even when on pain medication.
- The patient must avoid driving 24 hours following the anesthesia for the surgery.
- While coming for the surgery, the patient must wear loose-fitting clothes and low heel shoes. The sleeves should be loose enough to be rolled up past the elbows.
- The patient must remove the contact lens, denture, or jewelry while coming for the surgery.
- The patient must avoid excessive makeup, lipstick, and nail polish while coming for the surgery.
- If the patient is suffering from any other illness like cold, sore throat, runny nose, or stomach and bowel upset, then they must notify the office.
- If the patient is on any regular medication, please contact our doctor for further recommendations and instructions from them.
Call Now Button