What is Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery?
According to the American Dental Association, the definition of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is
“Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is the specialty of dentistry which includes the diagnosis, surgical and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the oral & maxillofacial region.”
Our specialized, well-trained team at Rolle Oral & Facial Surgery, offers full-scope oral & maxillofacial surgery procedures in Cornelius, NC. From placing dental implants to surgical extractions, impacted wisdom teeth removal, pre-prosthetic surgery, jaw correction, facial trauma, and cosmetic facial rejuvenation, we cover it all.
What Can You Expect from Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Providing effective and safe anesthesia
- Extracting non-restorable and impacted teeth, also known as dentoalveolar surgery
- Using dental implants to replace lost teeth
- Performing a complex procedure like corrective jaw surgery or orthognathic jaw surgery
- Performing reconstructive surgery to rebuild faces after a traumatic accident and injuries
- Performing TMJ surgery to relieve the patient from jaw pain
- Performing surgery in face, jaw, and neck to change the appearance