Will Dental Implant Surgery Hurt?
Your teeth and gum comprise your smile. Not only that, but they also offer you an improved quality of life. So, when you have lost a tooth or a few teeth, it is obvious that the functionality of your teeth and your quality of life will be affected. Also, you cannot afford to lose that bright shining smile either. That is why Dr. Richard Rolle Jr. at Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery offers dental implant surgery that will help you get back the functionality and quality of life.
Now, as a patient, it is natural that you are wondering if the dental implants Cornelius NC will hurt or not. Take a look at the following points to know what you can expect.
Dental implants have two parts, a screw in the place of roots, and the crown in the place of your natural teeth. Now, while fitting the implant, the surgeon will surgically cut into your gums. This can be painful. However, the surgeon will use local anesthesia or complete sedation before performing the surgery. After making the incision, the surgeon will drill the jaw bone. This might sound scary but because of anesthesia, you will not feel any pain. You can feel some pressure though which can create minor discomfort. The whole procedure will be done while the area will be numb or you are comfortably sedated. And after that, you will be prescribed pain medicines.
Expectations While Healing
Healing from dental implants Charlotte NC is not so difficult as that of other dental surgeries. The surgeon will recommend the following,
- Avoiding straw for the next 24 hours
- Expect swelling for 2-3 days
- Rinse your mouth with salt water 3-4 times daily
- Avoid excessively hot food for 48 hours after the surgery
- Stick to your liquid diet for 24-48 hours
- Don’t smoke for at least 3 days after the surgery
- Use pain medicines prescribed by the doctor
Schedule your appointment with Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery for dental implants, bone grafting, tooth extraction Charlotte NC today. For more details, visit rolleoralfacialsurgery.com or call at 704-892-9500.
- Cause and Symptoms of Broken Jaw That You Need to Look Out ForFebruary 28, 2021
- Why Juvederm is the Best Procedure for You to Look Stunning?February 24, 2021
- How to find the Right Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for Bone Grafting?February 19, 2021
- 3 Signs that you are suffering from TMJ DisorderFebruary 10, 2021
- Teeth in an Hour – the Revolutionary Procedure of Dental ImplantsFebruary 4, 2021