What to Keep in Mind after a Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth removal or removal of an impacted third molar is a simple procedure no doubt. However, it is important to know the different conditions that may occur and how you can deal with them.
Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery is one of the most renowned centers for wisdom teeth removal Charlotte NC offering treatment for multiple impaction types like soft tissue, partial bony, and complete bony impactions. Here, you have several things to keep in mind as suggested by our founder surgeon Dr. Richard Rolle Jr.
The following conditions may occur post a wisdom teeth removal (all are normal):
- The area will swell.
- Stiffness of muscles may cause difficulty in opening your mouth.
- A sore throat can develop.
- There may be temporary ache in other teeth.
- Lips may dry up and crack due to the prolonged stretching during the surgery. Apply cream or ointment to keep them moist.
- Only after 24 hours post your lower or upper wisdom teeth removal, the area needs to be rinsed with warm salt water time and again. This helps in healing and the formation of new tissue.
- The body temperature may rise for 24 to 48 hours. If this continues, let us know.
- Bruising at the site of the removal may appear.
Care of Your MouthHere are the tips to keep in mind when caring for your mouth post the wisdom teeth removal as advised by Dr, Rolle, the best oral surgeon Charlotte NC.
- Do not rinse at all (or spit) for 24 hours post the surgery.
- Do not poke the area of surgery with your tongue or finger.
- Use ice packs for the first 48 hours; apply for 20 minutes and take away for 10 minutes. Bags of frozen peas also work well.
- Use Tylenol® or ibuprofen every 3–4 hours to avoid any discomfort.
- Drink plenty of fluids but don’t use a straw as it creates suction which can lead to complications.
- Do not smoke for at least 5 days post the extraction.
- Avoid exercises and other strenuous activities for atleast 3-4 days post the surgery. Since your daily intake of calories will decrease, you may get light-headed and dizzy.
- You can apply warm moist heat to the side of the face if you feel the jaw muscles turning stiff. The heat will help them relax.
- Have only fluids and soft food like smoothies, soups, broths, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, banana ice cream. Avoid popcorn, nuts, seeds, rice, as these can get stuck in the mouth.
Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery is the best place for your wisdom teeth removal Charlotte NC. Dr. Richard Rolle Jr., the head surgeon carries out effective prior consultation to ensure that you get the most suitable treatment. To know more, visit rolleoralfacialsurgery.com or for an appointment, dial 704-892-9500.
- How Does Kybella Work and What Can You Expect?November 23, 2020
- What Can You Expect after Dental Bone Grafting Procedure?November 17, 2020
- Will Dental Implant Surgery Hurt?November 9, 2020
- How Can TMJ Be Treated and Cured Permanently?November 2, 2020
- 3 Types of Facial Trauma Injuries Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Can TreatOctober 27, 2020