How to Know You Have TMJ Disorder?
TMJ or Temporomandibular Joint disorder is often a genetic disorder. If you are experiencing clenching or jaw or sudden clicking sound in the jaw, then you might have TMJ disorder. When the joint and the muscles are not working properly, you can feel this type of discomfort or pain. TMJ or Temporomandibular Joint is the one where your jaw joins your skull. If the joint and the muscle contract in this place, it is TMJ disorder.
You will be glad to know that TMJ disorders are very common and can be easily treated. At Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery, we treat TMJ disorder cases regularly. Our lead surgeon Dr. Richard Rolle JR., is one of the most eminent oral and maxillofacial surgeons in Charlotte NC. 30 years of experience makes him an expert to deal with these cases.
How to Know that You Have TMJ Disorder
If you are wondering whether you are suffering from TMJ disorder or not, then you need to pay attention to a few symptoms. These symptoms are pretty apparent, and can be easily diagnosed and hence treated. Recognizing the symptoms is the first step towards TMJ treatment Cornelius NC. Take a look at the following symptoms.
- Do you experience grinding or clenching teeth? If yes, then this is the most apparent sign that you have a TMJ disorder.
- Do you wake up in the morning with pain and discomfort with a sore stiff muscle around your jaw? As the muscle and jaw don’t work in coordination, it can lead to such a situation for the patients of TMJ disorder.
- If you are noticing frequent headaches and pain in the neck quite frequently, then you are suffering from TMJ disorder. Even with the neck pain, you should come to us as treating maxillofacial areas include the neck too.
- Stress can make people clench teeth. When you are clenching teeth, does it make the pain really worse for you? If yes, then this can be a sign of TMJ disorder.
Look out for these symptoms and if one or two show up, then come to us. You can also come to us for issues like tooth extraction, dental implants Charlotte NC, jaw surgery, bone grafting, sleep apnea, Botox, and dermal fillers. For more details, visit https://rolleoralfacialsurgery.com/ or call at 704-892-9500.
- 3 Post Operative Instructions Multiple Teeth Extraction SurgeryOctober 11, 2021
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea – 3 Major Symptoms ExplainedOctober 8, 2021
- Things to Keep In Mind before Opting for Upper Wisdom Teeth RemovalOctober 6, 2021
- What Things do You Need to Know before Trying JUVÉDERM Treatment?October 4, 2021
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction Care: Things to Do after Wisdom Tooth RemovalOctober 1, 2021