Recognizing the Symptoms before You Go For Sleep Apnea Treatment
Over the years we at Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery have encountered many patients who came to get their teeth or gum checked only to be later diagnosed with sleep apnea. Though essentially it is termed as a sleeping disorder, sleep apnea can lead to serious cardio-vascular problems. It is primarily caused because the tongue gets stuck or sucked at the back of the throat causing the upper airway to be blocked. This leads to less oxygen flow into the brain. As this happens during one’s sleep, a person is jolted off from their slumber so that they can clear their throat. When this cycle of decreased oxygen levels is often repeated, it can cause serious health issues. Sometimes a person has to merely clear his throat and go back to sleep but when things get serious, sleeplessness becomes common.
Before seeking any sleep apnea treatment, it is important you know the symptoms. Here are a few indicators to watch out for.
- Snoring too loudly and too often
- When another person frequently reports how you stopped breathing during sleep
- Waking up from sleep gasping for breath
- Dry mouth
- Morning headaches
- Insomnia because you fear these episodes may be repeated
- Sleepiness during the day
- Difficulty in concentration
We understand that just the thought of sleep apnea surgery can be terrifying. But our doctors with his years of experience Dr. Richard Rolle Jr. knows that sometime simply using a nasal CPAP machine can work wonders. Other common treatments offered by Dr. Rolle are UvuloPalato Pharyngo-Plasty or UPPP and Laser-Assisted UvuloPalatoPlasty (LAUPP). In excessively complex cases, the bones of your upper and/or lower jaws may also have to be repositioned.
Dr. Rolle understands how complex such procedures can be but he assures the best treatment. Even if you are looking for the best TMJ oral surgeon in Charlotte, Cornelius, and surrounding areas in North Carolina, your best bet is Dr. Rolle. So visit https://rolleoralfacialsurgery.com/ or call 704-892-9500 and book your appointed today and Experience Excellence!
- What are the Patient’s Pre-Op Instructions for Jaw Surgery?June 10, 2021
- 3 FAQs Patients Ask at Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery for BotoxJune 3, 2021
- Recognizing the Symptoms before You Go For Sleep Apnea TreatmentMay 28, 2021
- Why Full Mouth Dental Implants Makes SenseMay 24, 2021
- 6 Broken Jaw Symptoms You Need To Be Aware ofMay 18, 2021