How Can TMJ Be Treated and Cured Permanently?
TMJ or temporomandibular joint is the one that connects your jawbones to the skull. For various reasons, this part can be severely affected resulting in massive pain for the patient. If you feel pain and discomfort in the area or hear a clicking sound while chewing food, it indicates that you are dealing with this condition. And that is why you need to deal with it permanently.
This condition is not irreversible. For treating this, you need to look for the best oral and maxillofacial surgeons in Charlotte NC. And when you are looking for such a doctor, come to Dr. Richard Rolle, at Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery. Along with TMJ, he also is reputed for lower and upper wisdom teeth removal, dental implants, Botox and dermal fillers, sleep apnea, and so on.
Improving the harmony and function of the jaw and muscle is important. Dr. Rolle starts the treatment with the initial goal of releasing muscle spasm and joint pain. He prescribes pain medication for this while also recommending the following self-care tips,
- Resting your jaw
- While you are not eating, keeping your teeth apart
- Eating soft or semi-liquid food
- Ice and heat applying in the area of pain
- Doing exercise of the jaw
- Practicing good posture
Physical therapy and stress management are also recommended. Dr. Rolle suggests keeping the teeth apart while sleeping using a splint that will help in relaxing the muscle and reducing the pain. Along with successful dental implants Huntersville NC, Dr. Rolle has treated TMJ successfully too.
When your TMJ is causing problems while preventing your teeth to join, you will need treatment like bite adjustment, orthodontics with or without jaw reconstruction, or restorative dental work. Or in case of more severe TMJ, you can go for arthroscopy and open joint repair restructuring.
Dr. Rolle will ensure you become aware of all your options when you are coming for TMJ treatment Cornelius NC. For more details, visit rolleoralfacialsurgery.com or call at 704-892-9500 now.
- Cause and Symptoms of Broken Jaw That You Need to Look Out ForFebruary 28, 2021
- Why Juvederm is the Best Procedure for You to Look Stunning?February 24, 2021
- How to find the Right Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for Bone Grafting?February 19, 2021
- 3 Signs that you are suffering from TMJ DisorderFebruary 10, 2021
- Teeth in an Hour – the Revolutionary Procedure of Dental ImplantsFebruary 4, 2021