What Can You Expect after Dental Bone Grafting Procedure?
Bone grafting is often a closely associated process with dental implants procedure. When you are coming to Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery for your dental implants, we will thoroughly examine you for determining the conditions of your teeth, gum, and jaw. In most cases, the patients for dental implants might need bone grafting for creating a strong foundation for the support and reinforcement of the implant.
During your bone grafting in Charlotte NC, a piece of bone will be taken from some other parts of the body and will be placed in the jaw where you need additional support. Take a look at the following points to know what more you can expect.
The Post Bone Grafting Process
This surgery will be complex and time-consuming and only an experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeon should be trusted for this. The surgery will be performed under anesthesia. Once the procedure of dental bone grafting is done and the anesthesia wears off, you will feel pain and discomfort in the surgical site. The doctor will prescribe pain medicine. However, you must wait for the bone to get completely fused with your existing bone before you go for the implant surgery.
For Whom It is Necessary
Due to several reasons, you can have a bone deficiency that can affect your jawbones. And in that case, you will have to go for bone grafting. You need this procedure if you have the following issues,
- Periodontal disease or gum disease
- Natural defects or developmental issues
- Tooth loss or removal of teeth causing empty space
- Traumatic injury of face
Restoring Normal Functionality
The aim of bone grafting is to restore the complete functionality of your teeth when you get the dental implant. The strong jaw bone will help in healing and recovering after the dental implant is placed. Bone grafting will help you in that.
Come to Rolle Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for bone grafting, dental implants, and wisdom teeth removal Charlotte NC. Visit rolleoralfacialsurgery.com or call at 704-892-9500.
- Botox: Side Effects, Risks, Expenses, and MoreJuly 25, 2021
- How Can You Get Through the Excruciating Recovery of Jaw Surgery?July 19, 2021
- How Many Implants are needed for Your Upper Denture?July 12, 2021
- What TMJ Exercises can Give You Relief from Pain and Discomfort?July 5, 2021
- What Post-Op Questions for Dental Implants You Need to Know About?June 24, 2021