Choose Dental Implants for a Brighter Smile and Better Quality of Life
Losing a tooth can be an unfortunate incident for many. However, it is a common reality too. Often people lose their tooth owing to some accident, decay and many other reasons. Previously, dentures used to be the go-to option for many. But dentures come with many hassles including pain and discomfort. This is the reason why people often opt for dental implants. Easy, hassle-free, and painless, these implants look and work like a real tooth.
If you are coming to Rolle Oral & Facial Surgery for getting dental implants, there are a few things that you need to know about. Having this information will help you make the right decision about the type you should choose and the techniques you need to opt for.
Types of Implant
There are two main types of implants:
- Endosteal: Made of titanium and looking like small screws, these are the most common type of implants that are used for dental implant surgery. These are placed in the jawbone of the patient.
- Sub-periosteal: The difference between this one and the previous one is that it is placed under the gum but above the jawbone. This is generally opted for the patients whose jawbone is not healthy and natural enough and the patient doesn’t want to undergo a procedure of bone augmentation for rebuilding the jawbone.
Techniques for Rebuilding Jawbone before Placing the Dental Implants
It is necessary that the jawbone of the patient is strong enough to hold the implant in place. However, for many reasons, that can contribute to a weak and deteriorated jawbone, that include:
- Periodontal diseases
- Extraction of the adult tooth and not replacing it for some time
- Sinus deficiencies
- Accident or trauma
In any case, if the patient doesn’t have a natural and strong jawbone, they can opt for the following techniques before getting dental implants.
- Bone Augmentation: This procedure involves restoring or regenerating bones in your jaw so that it can help the implants with good support and foundation. In this process, bone additives and growth factors are used for fortifying the bone, which leads to fairly successful results.
- Sinus Lift: Often due to missing upper-back teeth, the bone below the sinus deteriorates and becomes weak. With this process, a bone will be added in its place for elevating the sinus.
- Ridge Expansion: if the patient doesn’t have enough space in the jawbone for supporting the dental implants, bone grafts can be added to the small ridge for placing the implants.
Benefits of Placing Dental Implants
- When you are opting for dental implants, it helps your healthy teeth remain in their place, unlike a fixed bridge. It is a functional replacement for your missing teeth.
- Dental implants have a success rate of 95% to 98%, as it has been around for the past 30 years, bringing a healthy smile for many.
- Dental implants, unlike fixed bridges, ensures zero to minimize bone loss. When a tooth is lost, the jawbone in that area begins to atrophy as it doesn’t get any stimulation. With the help of dental implants, you can prevent that.
- They ensure a better quality of life and eating habits for the patient. Munching on crispy food items doesn’t bother the patient. Dental implants can be the near-perfect replacement of your actual teeth this way.
So, now as you know how dental implants can not only replace your teeth but also can ensure a better quality of life and a brighter smile, what are you waiting for? Call us today at 704-892-9500 to fix an appointment with our experts.
- 3 Reasons for Removing Wisdom Teeth at Rolle Oral and Facial SurgerySeptember 9, 2020
- Botox, Juvederm & Facial Fillers – Which Injectable to Choose and WhyAugust 26, 2020
- Choose Dental Implants for a Brighter Smile and Better Quality of LifeAugust 19, 2020
- Wisdom Teeth Extraction – the Procedure and Precautions You Need to Know AboutAugust 12, 2020