Cause and Symptoms of Broken Jaw That You Need to Look Out For
A dislocated or a broken jaw means that the temporomandibular joint that connects both the upper and lower jaw has come out of place. A broken jaw is one of the most common injuries that can happen from direct trauma or impact.
If you or your loved ones are dealing with a broken jaw, then you might need broken jaw surgery. And for that, come to Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery. Your search for oral surgeon in Charlotte, Cornelius, and other areas of NC ends with Dr. Richard Rolle Jr. You need to know about the cause and symptoms of a broken jaw.
The Probable Cause:
There can be many reasons for which you can lose your jaw bone. From pathological to physical impact, anything can cause severe damage to your jaw bone. The most common reasons are,
- Pathological reasons like diseases including cancer or any other kind of infection resulting in bone loss
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Facial trauma due to assault
- Sports-related injuries, common in the cases of boxing, football
- Falling face fast and getting severe impact
Studies show that most jaw bone injuries happen for men and in the age of 20-30 years. For such cases especially where severe physical impact happens, you might lose teeth too and will need dental implants in Charlotte, Cornelius, and other areas of NC.
For your jaw bone fracture, there will be some common symptoms that you will need to look for. These symptoms will include,
- Severe jaw pain
- The teeth not fitting properly. In this case issues with chewing and speaking will be there. The patient might notice swelling and displacement too.
- Numbness in the chin and lower lip due to nerve damage
- Bleeding inside the mouth
- Drooling and not being able to close the mouth
So now as you know about these symptoms, look for them. Connect with us as you might need a double jaw surgery too. For more details, dial 704-892-9500 now.
- 5 Possible Complications that Can Happen After Wisdom Teeth RemovalSeptember 19, 2021
- How Much Will It Cost to Get Dental Implants?September 12, 2021
- Corrective Jaw Surgery – Everything You Need to Know and How to PrepareSeptember 6, 2021
- How Much Does It Cost to Have Kybella for Double Chin?August 31, 2021
- 3 Types of TMJ Exercises to Control the PainAugust 25, 2021