6 Broken Jaw Symptoms You Need To Be Aware of
A broken jaw or what is also known as mandible fracture is a common facial injury. In fact, they rank high among the bones in the human body that fracture. Several things can lead up to a broken jaw including injuries or even a dental extraction gone wrong. Yes, there are wisdom teeth removal risks and you need to be aware of them! Undergoing a broken jaw surgery helps you recover from this condition. It is important for you to be aware of the most common broken jaw symptoms and here we look at the 6 common symptoms.
Broken Jaw Symptoms You Need to Take Seriously:
- Difficulty in Chewing, Biting, or Swallowing – These are often the first signs of a broken jaw. Due to malocclusion your teeth don’t fit properly and you will have these problems.
- Speech Problems – This problem also arises due to misalignment of the teeth. You are likely to have problems with certain sounds and hence not be able to speak or feel pain while doing so.
- Chronic Jaw or TMJ Pain–A broken jaw can also lead to chronic or Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain and in such case a corrective surgery can offer relief.
- Open Bite – If you are having an open bite problem or your pericoronitis pain is unbearable it is a sign of broken jaw.
- Protruding Jaw – This is another symptom and perhaps the most visible one as it can alter your appearance and you will have to undergo a surgery to get it fixed.
- Breathing Problems – Fractured jaws can lead to breathing problems as your tongue loses support and this in turn can make you gasp for breath. However, in this case you should waste no time and immediately call 911 for immediately medical attention.
To conclude, broken jaw surgery does offer relief from these problems. If you have any of these symptoms you should immediately get in touch with Dr Rolle at Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery. As the leading clinic for oral and maxillofacial surgery we have successfully operated hundreds of patients and helped them regain their beauty and teeth functionality. Call 704-892-9500 and book your appointment today!
- What are the Patient’s Pre-Op Instructions for Jaw Surgery?June 10, 2021
- 3 FAQs Patients Ask at Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery for BotoxJune 3, 2021
- Recognizing the Symptoms before You Go For Sleep Apnea TreatmentMay 28, 2021
- Why Full Mouth Dental Implants Makes SenseMay 24, 2021
- 6 Broken Jaw Symptoms You Need To Be Aware ofMay 18, 2021